Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Breaking Glass Book Review

On the night seventeen-year-old Jeremy Glass winds up in the hospital with a broken leg and a blood alcohol level well above the legal limit, his secret crush, Susannah, disappears. When he begins receiving messages from her from beyond the grave, he's not sure whether they're real or if he's losing his grip on reality. Clue by clue, he gets closer to unraveling the mystery, and soon realizes he must discover the truth or become the next victim himself.





Breaking Glass is one of those books where you keep telling yourself,  “Just one more chapter,” and the next thing you know it’s midnight.  It’s full of mystery, intrigue and romance. 

Jeremy Glass has had a rough start in life.  A single traumatic incident has affected everything about him.  He has secrets that not even his dad knows about.  In addition to his personal losses and secret struggles, he is also deeply in love with his best friend’s girlfriend, Susannah.  To say he has issues is an understatement.  After witnessing an explosive argument between Ryan and Susannah, Jeremy wakes up in the hospital and Susannah is missing.  Did she run away?  Is she hurt?  Is she dead? What happened?

I every time I thought I had the mystery solved there would be another element added or twist I didn’t see coming.  Amowitz has developed a deeply complex story that never gets confusing.  I especially liked that most chapters had a “Now” and “Then” portion. 

Amowitz draws you in to this very tangled web and leaves you turning the page wanting more.  This is a wonderfully written, fast-paced book.  I give it 5 out of 5 donuts.

*Parents: there is some strong language and sex in this book. 






It's available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble
Add it to your Goodreads List



7 comments:

  1. Aghhhhhh!!! you rock, Tyler! ANd we both have one-legged mcs which is so crazy, though yours gets a MUCH weirder prosthetic than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donuts! Why am I not surprised? I do fist bumps now, btw! LOL! Awesome review! Congratulations LIsa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Brooke, I tried to do fist bumps for the reviews but they didn't really look right and I couldn't do any 1/2 bumps. I'm so glad you're fist bumping now. That's awesome!

      Delete
  3. I'm hungry. Can I eat those donuts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this book awesome review.

    ReplyDelete