Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Punked


It’s no secret that Facebook can be used for both good and bad.  Here’s my experience on how I made a big mistake.

Last Wednesday I made a post on Facebook inquiring about the thought process that goes into dressing up your car like a reindeer.  I had seen many around town and really wondered why people do this.  Here’s the post:


The conversation was funny and I got some insight into why people decorate their car.  Again, it’s not something I’m against, it’s just not something I would do to my vehicle.

After the last person commented on Friday, I kind of forgot about the post.  Cut to Sunday.  We went to church, just like every Sunday.  I left early with Olivia and took Jeena’s car since Olivia’s car seat was in it and left my truck for Jeena and the boys.

A little later I got this picture text from Jeena:


I had been punked.  Jeena had inadvertently been punked since she had to drive it home.  The boys were mortified and they had me and my big mouth to blame thanks to my Facebook post. 

By the time Jeena got home I had gotten distracted with the kids and forgot to remove the decorations. 

On Monday I did my usual routine and drove Kaden to school.  As I left the parking lot I got a call from my friend Krehl asking me why my truck was decorated like Rudolph.  I was mortified and hurried to my office where I could remove the paraphernalia.  Unfortunately I got a call from two more dentists to give me a hard time about my truck.  As I pulled into my parking spot I realized I had punked myself by forgetting to remove the stuff.  I had been punked twice in as many days.

I eventually found out who punked me (the first time) and revenge will be mine!




No comments:

Post a Comment