Friday, November 2, 2012

Tyler Wrote a Book???


So today is the day that everyone gets to see the cover of our new book. Many have been waiting, many have been wondering, and many have no clue what I'm talking about. Today I figured would give a little history about the awesome news today.
    It all started about a year ago when my awesome co-author Sherry Ficklin asked me to write a book with her. At first I thought she was joking because I have only written one book that was placed at a small press. That book is Neto Lexan and the Impox Secret. Apparently she had read it and loved how I wrote the voice of a teenage boy.  She mentioned that she didn't know how to write teenage boy dialogue so she needed me.  I thought at first I would just advise her on how to write and sound like a boy but she had a different idea. She wanted me to actually write with her.
    At this point I was kind of surprised. Sherry Ficklin wanted little old me to help create and write a book with her.  We started meeting and going over the plot. Then we started writing. The world creation just spewed out of me. We wrote the book in just under 4 months. It was amazing. And it was time to shop it around.
    Sherry had the most brilliant idea to do our initial query letter as a YouTube video instead of an actually letter. Totally out of the box. But it worked. We impressed Spencer Hill Press and a few others with our writing and query video. We signed with Spencer Hill in the spring.
    Fast forward till now. We have edited and edited. Our two editors are awesome. Patricia and Danielle. Kate the chief editor has been very hands on with the whole book also. We are almost done with our last pass through then off to the copy editors. Lisa did an amazing cover, which was released today, and Sherry and I love it.   

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Tyler. The cover is awesome, and I can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly that means a lot to me! And I can't wait to read A Touch of Death this January!

      Delete
  2. The cover looks great, congrats! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patrice! That means a lot to me. We're just over a year out, can't wait!

      Delete