Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gangsta the Frog


Carson.  Oh Carson.  Carson, Carson, Carson.  A few weeks ago we received some much needed rain.  We, like much of the country, have been in one of the worst droughts in history.  We were so blessed for the rain and when it came it was fast and furious.  Because it rained so quickly and the ground was so dry we had a bit of flooding on my property.

A few hours later Carson, a.k.a. Crash came running through the house wet, out of breath and wearing galoshes.

“DDDDDDAAAAAADDDDD.” He shrieked, “I need my goggles!  Where are my goggles?? I need them!! GOGGLES!!!!”

“Dude, what’s up?  Calm down, you can’t go in the lake.”

“No, not that lake.    The new lake.  Gangsta’s in the new lake.  I gotta find him!!”

“What new, lake?  Gangsta?  Who’s Gangsta?”

“MY FROG!!!!”

Intrigued by “Gangsta the frog” and the “new” lake I reluctantly gave him his goggles and followed him outside.  Sure enough there was a massive puddle in the field in the backyard.  Crash practically leapt into the puddle to find his new best friend.  As he bent down to look in the water, I warned him not to submerge his head.  So this was his compromise:



Kaden, Tanner and I waited patiently to see if he’d found Gangsta.  A rare moment of silence fell over the Jolley household.  Then, he finally broke the silence,

“Yeah, I can’t see anything in that mud puddle. Can I have a snack?”


No comments:

Post a Comment